SCD - Scorpion Camera Drivers’s documentation¶
Scorpion Vision Software is an open and independent machine vision system.
The implication is the following:
- Cameras are interfaced through an open c-dll interface - Scorpion Camera Interface.
- The Scorpion Camera Interface description is available upon request to enable user to interface their own cameras with Scorpion.
- Supporting USB, Firewire, IP-camera and GigE using DirectShow
When the Scorpion project was started in 2000 the goal was to support all USB and Firewire cameras using the Microsoft DirectShow interface.
This lead to the development of the Scorpion Camera Driver:
- SCD-0017 Firegrab - supports all DirectShow compatible camera devices
With this driver we are able to support most windows camera devices
- including USB 2.0 and 3.0 web and machine vision cameras and the complete range of DCAM compatible firewire cameras.
- FireGrab.dll is implemented as a true DirectShow interface but is enhanced with the Unibrain MS Stack SDK enabling support for machine vision features like hw-trigger, format-7 and direct register access for firewire cameras. More on Unibrain Fire-I and Scorpion support.
Another long term supporter of DirectShow is The Imaging Source - the firegrab.dll is of course compatible with the drivers from The Imaging Source.
Important Scorpion Camera Drivers are:
SCD-0017 Firegrab - supports all DirectShow compatible camera devices
SCD-0002 Basler Area - Pylon support for Gige Area Cameras
SCD-0015 Basler Area 2 - Pylon support for USB3 and GigE Area Cameras
Basler Pylon support for linescan cameras
SCD-0009 AVT Prosilica for GigE cameras
AVT Firepackage for firewire cameras
PtGrey Firewire and GigE cameras
Sick IVP and Microsoft Kinect providing 3D support
Matrox Mil9 support for Cameralink and GigE Vision
SCD-0018 Network Camera - supports IP-cameras
- Sony SmartCam
- ICamGrab.dll - support the XCI-SX1 Smartcam
- ICamGrab_V3.dll - support the XCI-V3 SmartCam
- Second generation V100 and SX100 both monochrome and color
Check the Scorpion Vision Installer for the latest drivers.
Scorpion Camera Drivers - SCD - are included with Scorpion Vision Software installation and are located in the
Scorpion Runtime folder.
From Scorpion Vision Version XI the most used 32 and 64 bit drivers are included in the Scorpion Vision Installer.
The drivers are mormally postfixed by the version #.
- We supply multiple versions for backward compatibility.
It is the user’s responsibility to select the correct version.
- SCD-0002 Basler Area
- SCD-0003 Sony ZCL
- SCD-0009 AVT Prosilica
- SCD-0015 Basler Area 2
- SCD-0017 Firegrab
- SCD-0018 Network Camera
- Change Scorpion Camera Driver
- Scorpion Camera Driver Specification
- Release notes
- Scorpion Vision Software